In 2007 Labour promised to:
- Have twice a week street cleaning in terraced housing areas
- Fight for more youth clubs and activities for local youngsters
- Make sure the millions to be spent replacing pavements, roads and street lighting is spent where residents say its needed most
- Work with the police, wardens and local people to continue cutting crime and anti-social behaviour
- Do 2 advice surgeries a week to deal with local problems in your area and regularly attend residents and other community meetings
Merlita and Labour have delivered on these promises. Merlita does one weekly surgery as there hasn’t been the demand for two.
Over the next four years in your area Labour pledge to:
- Crack down on off-licences selling alcohol to people who are already drunk and disorderly.
- Tackle rogue landlords and reduce the impact of student accommodation on local residents
- Press the police to set up a local team to tackle street drug dealing.
- Improve play and youth facilities in the area.
- Tackle irresponsible dog owners and improve the clearing up of dog mess.